Sunday, May 30, 2010

Missing in Action

Wow. In my last post I said 2 months was a long time to not post. Now it's been TEN.

So this is how it's going to go down: a brief summary of Gabby's life in the last 10 months, a weak but sincere apology, and a tentative projection of the next 3 months. That is, if I can even bring myself to jump back into the HPFF world after such a long absence. I promise I will try my hardest, though.

Summary: This year, I wrote a lot of papers. I read a lot of essays. I put in some hours of work. I took an in-depth French history class and learned more about the French Revolution than I ever wanted to know. Who is Jean Sylvain Bailly? Well, I know.

I also wasted a very long time back and forth with a boy who, I realized far too late, didn't know what he was doing and had no intention of pursuing more with me than we had. On the heels of the resulting depression, luckily, came another boy who DID know what he was doing. There couldn't have been better timing. I'm so grateful - things like this make me believe that God takes care of the small things. The large things, on the other hand...

And I've been stacking up the personal accomplishments - making Graduate Artist at TDA [a year ago I was only starting out as a Member Artist!], publishing an original short story, winning cases in mock trial, earning various recognitions, and most importantly, writing my first screenplay. It was one of the longest and most painful projects I've ever attempted, but the feeling its completion brought was worth every bit.

And now for the apology. With everything that's been going on, I've all but abandoned my HPFF world. At first, I was aggravated but I kept on pushing writing further back on my list of priorities with the thought that I could always get back to it. But as time went on, I found it harder and harder to fall into the FF state of mind. Even if I had 2 full hours, I got distracted by Facebook and especially Photoshop. I stopped opening my FF files in October and - WHOOSH! - it was suddenly April. So I'm sorry to those who are waiting on my stories. I haven't forgotten.

Which brings me to my projection for summer. I'm only taking one course until September, and working, so I should have time to get back into the FF groove. By the end of this summer, I want to have Two Shots Ch 16-20 done, Saviour Ch 9 & 10, and Voices completely finished (Ch 21-25). To keep on track, I'd have to crank out 4 chapters a month, or one a week. Yikes! I better get to work. :)

Grandmaster Gabby GotMoney Chang

No comments: