So I just hauled my bum to the theatre to see Twilight, and didn't think it was great. The books are nice as a light, fluffy read when I don't feel like using my overworked brain. But honestly, the proposition that Twilight could ever hold a candle to HP is...preposterous.
Let me defend myself. I'm FAR from a strict canon-izer [and yes, I just made up a word]. In fact, I rarely use much of canon ANYTHING. But JKR has given writers a lot more to work with, both from characters and the world she created. There is much more opportunity for original fanfiction in HP, and that is one indication of a series that has immense DEPTH and imagination. One day Stephanie Meyer is going to run out of Twilight books, and then what are we left with? Not much, except dreams of Edward Cullen's bite. But my HP inspiration has not died since the last HP book over a year ago, and shows no signs of dwindling yet. The possibilities are endless.
Okay, end of Twilight bashing. But the Wizard totally owned in the Vampire-Wizard Showdown.
~~UPDATES!~~
Saviour Ch 2, Homecoming: Rabastan, er, comes home.
They Couldn't Stop the Voices Ch 10, They Couldn't Believe Their Eyes: Peter has a late breakfast, Remus and Rosie discuss their nocturnal activities, Lily is MIA, and the world ends when the Potter/Black duo have a row. Yeesh. Check it out on HPFF if you want to know what the hell I'm talking about. =]
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment